The Lighthouse

the lighthouse

18 August 2009

Home

I will be moving again very soon. In 10 days, actually, the fabulous summer job will draw to its natural close, I will pack up my belongings (a shocking amount of toiletries and a box of books I haven't plumbed), say goodbye once more to this lovely city, promise to stay in touch with friends, and head on down the highway to whatever is waiting for me at the other end.

Making the decision to leave just a few short months ago was very difficult; I did then, and have since, wavered between wanting to stay and being eager to leave. Now the notion is about to become reality and I feel...nothing. Just as I'm about to leave, the state of affairs here looks promising of a new period of flourishing - at my parish, and among my friends. It is a little tempting to stay and be part of that. But down the road family awaits... along the absolute unknown. I know only the people who will be sheltered under the same roof as me, and not one thing more.

Job, school, friends...these are concerns, of course. But most pressing on my heart of late is the desire for Home. I want to be Home. With all this moving around, am I increasing my chances of finding it, or have I driven right by, in a U-Haul truck?

No comments:

Post a Comment