The Lighthouse

the lighthouse

07 September 2008

Rainy Sundays

There is great wisdom in God's design. Labour is offset by rest, in our days, weeks, years, and lifetime. A Rainy Sunday is one of those lovely occasions of rest. This is a day to feel mellow, to slowly reflect on important questions, like whether to have a cup or tea, or go for the hot chocolate; to read Jane Austen or Georgette Heyer...or just flip idly through the glossy pages of a decadent magazine. On a day like today, I feel still and silent inside...the incessant chatter of You Should is absent, and I can hear myself breathing. This is a day for listening to Dvorak or Duffy, with a well worn journal on my lap and the perfect pen within reach for when inspiration strikes. This is not a day for getting outraged over politics or world events. I am not going to fuss about budgets or housework. This is the Lord's Day, and He is asking me to hush.

No comments:

Post a Comment