The Lighthouse

the lighthouse

16 February 2019

It is finished

Six weeks later, my brain is now stuffed to its maximum capacity with information about metadata and linked data. 

I've learned about syntax and semantics and crosswalks. I've studied RDF triples, FOAF, and SKOS and explored how to transform a standard MARC 21 description into a BIBFRAME serialization. 

I've read hundreds of pages dealing with the evolution of data in cultural heritage institutions and our goal to integrate with Web 2.0.

I'm afraid to move my head too quickly for fear that a random acronym will fall out leaving a hole where an essential bit of information ought to be, and I'd be left wondering if OWL is the same as MODS and what an aquifer has to do with DLF. (Answers: no, and nothing)

The course has been interesting, and I'm keen to implement what I've learned in my work, but mostly I'm glad to get my brain back.

It is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment