The Lighthouse

the lighthouse

26 August 2009

Summer on the wing

Tempes fugit, so they say. Time flies. August in particular has some pretty sleek wings; this year it seems to have broken the sound barrier. We'll hear the sonic boom sometime around September 6 and realize only then that August - and summer with it - has passed us by.

At the beginning of the month, during Phase I of The Big Move, I thought for sure that the days to come would pass slowly, quietly, sedately, thoughtfully; that I would have hours upon hours for quite reflection, contemplation, quiet prayer. HA! It hasn't been the spiritual retreat I expected it to be, but it has been a great deal of fun. I'm grateful to have had the chance to see old friends and become somewhat reacquainted with this beautiful city.

These 23 days have been a long goodbye letter to this beautiful city. I'm grateful to have had the chance to spend time with dear friends, and visit some of my favourite places. I wouldn't mind if the next 2 days were to pull up on the reins a little, but at the same time, I'm looking forward to Stage II. And on the other side of that are five beautiful nephews and some glorious sun, and who knows what adventures, possibilities and opportunities?

I hope to be wise enough to savour the days and not just hear the boom in retrospect.

No comments:

Post a Comment