The Lighthouse

the lighthouse

09 July 2009

Laugh or cry

I've told the story of the never ending rain while we were camping last week. That was fun. Here's another crazy work story:

The facility out of which we are offering our program is currently under construction. Or rather, we are currently under the construction to the facility out of which we....you get the idea. The roof is being replaced, or repaired or reworked or re-whatevered involving hot smelly tar, lots of noise and the removal of interior ceilings. Not really a problem except it is occasionally smelly and noisy, but in the crowd we work with, neither state is ever terribly unusual. (love them to bits though, I do)

We were supposed to be in the pool today, swimming and having a grand ol' time, except at the last minute we got the call: the pool is closed with filtration issues. Poor pool. I just hate filtration issues myself...very uncomfortable. Not deterred, we managed to salvage the day, and as it was blessedly summery out, out we went, spending the better part of the day under the sun. I have the sunburn to prove it, which will look just fab tomorrow in my swimsuit if the filtration situation has been repaired. Picture a very white sort of person...I'd say even eerily pale...with burnt arms from the mid-upper arm, and burnt v-shaped upper chest, and burnt-in-strappy-pattern feet coming out of the dressing room tomorrow morning. Children will either laugh or cry when they see me. I look forward to that.

3 comments:

  1. Oh poor you!

    Will this make you feel better? On Thursdays I try to come in early and leave early in order to take "J" to his Tumble Gym class. I left at 3:30pm today and at 4:21 my phone rang.

    A little boy had hit his head at K & K's program and 911 had to be called. Oy vey! By the time the Gym class was half over, all was well and the boy will be fine.

    Ten minutes later, my phone rang. YOM's vehicle had broken down. What should they do?

    While on the phone with YOM, the other YOM calls to say they've been in an accident. No one is hurt, but we've had to call the Police. What should they do?

    It's 9:15pm and everything has finally been worked out.

    To top it off, we bought a house today and had our own set of issues/fights to work out with the builder (more on that later).

    I'm sorry for the sunburn and hope it doesn't hurt too much. The kids will, I bet, be so happy to go swimming after their thwarted attempt today that I'm sure they won't even notice your burn lines.

    TGIF, TGIF, TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gak! You have put my sunburn very thoroughly into perspective for me! Thank you, and I'm sorry. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. All in a day's work, right? Take good care of that burn!

    My word verification is "puncess". Is that like a princess of puns? Charles L would LOVE that.

    ReplyDelete