The Lighthouse

the lighthouse

01 May 2012

Update

The Call came through tonight. The appointment of last week which was really a job interview has resulted in a job offer.

This is very exciting for several reasons:
- someone wants me
- the job itself intrigues me. It is similar enough to what I have done in the past that I'm confident I can do it, but new enough, and challenging enough to be exciting, and maybe lead to something I never would have considered.
- money!  After 3 years of no steady employment (sometimes by choice, often by circumstance) it would be nice to have reliable income, even if only for a while.
- it's part time, meaning I could still get some writing done.

The drawbacks are these:
- it's over an hour away from Sohoe and the Peanuts.  I would miss them dearly.
- it's a temporary, part time position.  In 10 months I'll be in the same situation all over again.  Potentially.
- the location isn't very attractive. There is very little natural light and the walls are grey.  I'm sensitive to my environment, and frankly, this is the biggest negative on the list.  Except for the Peanuts.


It's as part of the children's services team at a public library. It would essentially be what I do in the schools, but in a different setting, and as part of a team.


Today is the Feast of St. Joseph the Worker.  I know I have him to thank for this because I have been pleading for his help for months.  It must mean something that this happened today, doesn't it?

Decisions, decisions.

3 comments:

  1. God be praised for your offer. I will remember you in prayer as you discern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Always nice to know someone wants you...bad! I too will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the prayers, they are greatly appreciated.

    Still pondering...

    ReplyDelete