The Lighthouse

the lighthouse

27 February 2013

Hello!

Hello Dear Reader, if there are any of you left.  Circumstances beyond my control are putting me on an internet fast, and I miss you greatly.

Some of you know that I have moved, and am now in Lake Town. It is lovely. The move itself, despite all my anxious frettings went remarkably well, thanks to other people and not at all to myself. Crazy things kept happening, such as a picture falling to the ground, wrecking the frame but the glass remaining intact. And a set of bookshelves tumbling down, nearly on my head and narrowly missing the computer. So books are still in boxes, but that shall be resolved soon.

The new job is satisfying and challenging and busy.  Incredibly busy. But that is good, too.  Do you need a book borrowed from another library?  I'm your gal!  Have some new books to be catalogued? Send them my way! Would you like a new membership, or to perhaps borrow a few DVDs?  I can do that, too.

I have realized I am incredibly blessed, and not because I have done a single thing to deserve God's great generosity. I am humbled by all that has been done for me these last few months. I asked, and have been given in full measure. All my life I have struggled with accepting that God is Love, that He is merciful, and that it is not His desire to wear me down for my own good. He loves me because He does, and because I am.  That's all.

Technical glitches continue - first several mixups have caused a delay (of three weeks!) to the internet connection, and now my poor old laptop has given up entirely. It will be a while until I can replace it. So, all this to say, I don't know when I'll be able to return to regular posting. But I think of you often, especially in these days leading up to the end of the pontificate of our beloved Benedict XVI.  May God bless him, and grant him rest.

6 comments:

  1. When you are back in good graces with the Internet, we shall be here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very glad to hear it, Kevin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be here also. But I'll bet you knew that by now :). GOD BLESS YOU during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If there are any readers left?? What....you think we would fly the coop or sumptin'? We ain't goin' nowhere young lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a wonderful blog! Whenever you are able to return you will have readers. God bless.
    Frances

    ReplyDelete
  6. My cup runneth over! I'm so glad to hear from you, Nancy, Bobby, and Frances.

    ReplyDelete