The Lighthouse

the lighthouse

05 May 2009

Treasures

I love a road trip, don't you? I enjoy driving, and a road trip is the perfect combination between doing nothing and yet accomplishing something. I find it very meditative to drive for long distances, plus it's a perfect opportunity to wail along to loud music without disturbing the neighbours.
A week ago, I stocked up on good tunes (a forthcoming post will include my first attempt at album reviews. Stay tuned!), snacks (chocolate covered almonds) and yummy bevvies. I attempted to buy a toasted bagel with cream cheese from the world's most famous purveyor of legal addictive stimulants (get the quote?)because it was next door to both my bank and the gas station. However, as I pulled away I discovered that this bagel I asked for - to go - was indeed toasted, but the cream cheese was in packages on the side. How does one lather a bagel whilst tooling down the 401 I ask you? Thank goodness for those almonds - nature's perfect food.
Supplies in place, I hit the road. The sky was blue, the sun was shining, traffic stayed out of my way, and good friends were at the other end waiting for me. I don't have a large posse, but the friends I have -- the ones that have stuck over the years -- are my treasure. Martina and Serge, you always make me laugh and I feel special when I'm with you. Thank you. Lil and Shankar, you made work seem like play and reminded me that life is bigger than four walls. Thank you. Rose, you inspire me to seek the truth and never settle for less. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment