The Lighthouse

the lighthouse

17 December 2009

Finish line

Well, dear reader, the job is done. At around 4.30 this morning, I was able to add those wonderful words "The End" to my short story. (I didn't actually write those words, but I sure said them to myself. Out loud. I may have woken somebody up, but I'm not sorry for it.)

It feels so good to have it done at last. As it is right now I don't think it's very good, but I do think it has good potential. I plan to keep working on it for myself, because the areas that need tweaking bother me, and I don't want to leave it in this incomplete state. The important thing is, the deadline was met. Hoorah! My eyelids have felt like they had gravel in them all day long, but that is a small price to pay.

I'm already looking forward to the next class, but am so very glad there is a bit of a break. The last day I remember this week was Monday. I'm pretty sure today is Thursday, but I have no idea how we got to this point. I think Tuesday and Wednesday were good days, but I couldn't swear to it.

For now, I can write just for fun! How exciting! I feel like I've been set free to play with all the toys, and I'm a little giddy at the thought.

2 comments: